A Jumble of memories

The rain washed streets of my home town
Used to frequently get me down
The sun in summer behind dark clouds
My mood would dip
My face a frown

Now memories of a distant past
Of Paisley as the waters lashed
Behind a window
Rivulets pouring
Or upon a couch
TV Brainwashed, ultimately boring

Now in truth I must admit
That I simply could not
Handle it
I'd find my jacket and put on some shoes
Splash the puddles soak my blues
Evenings walking in the rain
Then home again alone in vain
No freedom from my lonely endeavour
To meet someone
A maiden fair

I sit here now in the south Machars
Typing out the thoughts I had
Loved by many or at least a few
When the clouds burst forth
I'm glad I'm with you
In the company of spouse and weans
I hope the weather turns bad again

Life is easy in the sun
The heat of the star caresses and burns
The light of days long and lasting
Memories made, slowly passing
My kids grow up
As we keep looking

I hope when older they will see
That loneliness is a short repose
From the relational pressures
That this life holds

The streets of Paisley
Saint Mirrens town
Buildings sturdy made of stone
The Abbey by the river cart
The town hall built by Mr Clark
The houses where I once sought shelter
The public houses where I took favour
The cold cold beer from taps of silver

My family, my wife I met
Those who have passed
A long time yet,
Don't forget where you are from
Wherever you find that you end up
Reflect upon the life you've led
Future only happens
Before your dead
Afterwards you cannot be led

What comes next is any ones guess
Life is for living and not for dying
If you are alive please don't stop trying
To get to the places that you NEED to be
A want is a wish not a necessity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.