True

Why do you worry
Why do you care
What need have you to think of yourself
As anything less than thoughtful and fair

People may pass judgement
Those people who are blind
They see you through their own misgivings
Don't worry about them friend

You may have walked a troubled path
Or maybe you've fared well
We take turns in making mistakes
But we all die in the end

I would not swap the life I've led
With anyone in the world
I have the love of a family
And I've acquainted many friends

Sometimes my choices may be suspect
Perhaps I've done some wrong
But most of all I do believe
That my being is soundly built

If I were to go tomorrow
If the reaper called on me
I think he'd know that way down deep
I've lived the life of man

I've been happy
I've been sad
I've been a drunkard
And I've been a fool

But mostly my life's been ruled
By the thing my folks instilled in me
The honesty of the working man
Ideals internally carved

I've been helpful
And cared for others
Lost touch with friends
And rarely met my brothers

My kids are strong
And they are fed
They have a roof above
And a sheltered bed

If I could have but one wish for the future
It would be that they live in comfort
Free from fear
Secure and happy

Brought up not dragged up
Its really not hard
Just be true to who you are

Honesty and goodness
Are free from cost
Sometimes we stray
But we are never lost
As long as family remains intact
Go away for awhile
And then come back.

            AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Folks.