Choices

What would they care if I leapt from a bridge
Cut up my wrists or slept in a fridge

What difference to the world could it possible make
Were I dead
Kept things to my self
The horrors unsaid

Why should I care what others may feel
The world keeps going round and
So does a wheel

If my life is a struggle
Then why should I stay
I'll find a gun
Just blow me away.

(reply)
I'll tell you if I can what your life is worth
You must keep on breathing
No matter how tough

Your life's so important
Not a card dealt in haste
Family is your adhesive
A strongly held paste.

They will love you
Despite those feelings you feel
They want you alive
Those emotions are real.

They'll keep you forever
Tight to their hearts
Its easier to love those
Who don't choose to depart.

You must keep on breathing
Arresting those thoughts
Discard the harmful images
They will destroy you
In the blink of an eye
You cannot recover
Once you have died

The help that you need
Is not easy to find
Though the illness inside you
Distorts what you see
The world with you in it
Is a much better place
Than the bare barren land
That would remain
If you chose to erase.

          AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Folks.