Mental illness hidden from view

My arms grow tired
As I carry my life
Going up and down
Through toil and strife

My head grows tighter
With every second alive
My Thoughts grow weary
How CAN I survive

Whatever is sent my way
At the breaking of the dawn
Or at the end of each day
The pressure builds
Until
I can take no more
My body must surely
Give in
Implode

A life less ordinary
A cliched term
Discomfort implores me
To wriggle and squirm

But what of the choices
Left open to me
Do I run and keep running
Break away, free

Is leaping the answer
Into the void
The body has grown
Only to be destroyed

Insight will guide me
Into why it is so
That my life has turned into
A pain that will flow
The thoughts and the feelings
That are harming me now

I will keep on moving
breathing in and out
Feeding my body
But no longer with doubt

Tomorrow will come
Just like today
I'll begin to understand
Why the demons hold me
Once I have conquered those tormnetors inside
I will have some epithany
I hope I can come back
No longer have a need to scurry and hide

Its not really true that we always reap what we sow
Sometimes our choices are limited, few
We all go on and on through our days
Abusing our bodies
Finding new ways
Ocassionally the pressure
Will bring us to earth
I just hope if its me
It won't be too rough
After all has occurred
I CAN say
Enough is Enough

AGL





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Folks.