Life is...

My senses communicate the flood of pain
A pain so harsh
It feels like molten rain
Burning me deeply
Scorching my skin
My clothing disperses
Paper thin

I will remember them always
Those who have left
An extended family
With children bereft

Those memories cherished
Cannot be erased
The character lives on
For the rest of my life

If I had met them more
When they were alive
Would I have felt
Any different inside?

Its easy to see the goodness shining within
When you know
That the dying
Are out on a limb

When the thin branch snaps
Life goes away
Falling so hard
Our tears soak and stain

Each teardrop carries
A droplet of sorrow
When  we realise
For them
There is no tomorrow

They would want us to live
To accept death has come
We must go on living
For them we'll be strong

Of course it still hurts
And comforts offered may be ignored
I hope time will lead you home to rest
The peaceful sleep where dreams may help you
Undertand your own harsh sorrow

So remember the good times
But don't live in the past
Life is for living
Until
 YOU
Breathe your last.

AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Folks.