Awake

Sleep has left me
Dreams are forgotten
Reality hits me
With stark violent knowledge

Am I a coward
As I hide behind the curtains
Afraid of the world
The daylight beyond
Those who are talking
Thoughts that resound

They said I was OK
They said that I was sane
So why do I feel
A deep hostile pain

From out of my psyche
The voices will call
They'll tell me to hurt him
To tear him apart

I know that its not real
What they are saying
If I was religious
I'd be on my knees praying

The medicine works
But its toxic poison
I don't take it enough
To dampen these thoughts

Maybe it would be better
If I just ran away
Took control of my destiny
Simply slipped away

But I am so scared
Of what is to come
If I take my own life
They will have won

The doctor he told me
That I was on the mend
he tried to convince me
It was just in my head

The voices they pester
And call me vile names
They tell me my neighbours
Are inside of my brain

When I'm asleep
And the dreams stir my thoughts
The horrors I witness
The blood and the gore

I want to awake
To escape this vile world
Of mind conjured images
In shadows I lurk

They said I was better
They said that it had worked
The therapeutic interventions
That have massaged the worst

I know that this burden
Will be with me
This burden of strife
But I'll carry on fighting

My life is my life


AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.