Hidden

I wake up every day
Glad to be alive
Each breath I take
I experience fully
Still breathing
I haven't died

The monitor beeps here beside me
The graph goes on and on
Measuring every aspect
That tells them that I'm here

I heard them speak the other day
As around me they all stood
My children, wife and parents
Tried their best to be understood

A flicker caught
An eyelid opened
A word escaping dry dry lips
An increasing heart rate
An exhalation
Sitting up would make them run

If only I could tell them
That I'm here behind this wall
Soundproofed by an expert
They wouldn't hear me
Should I ever call

The doctors send the nurses
To check for any change
I feel the coldness of the steel
As stethoscopes listen in.
They strangle my arm with BP machines
They are sure that I'll survive
But just for now confidence shakes
For I am barely here,

Inside I am conscious
Of all that passes me by
I hear the trolleys bringing food
What I'd give to chew on fries
The fluid that they give me
Uncooked in liquid form
Sustains
Behind
My closed and rested? eyes

The footsteps come and the footfalls go
Daylight arrives
Hidden by the fluorescent bulbs
Darkness falls
Streetlights glow
Oblivious
I do not know
All I see are dream and images
Hearings fine
"JOHN OPEN YOUR EYES!"

Music played supposed to rouse me
Led Zeppelin
Dillan
Or Bob Marley
I wish I could receive redemption
From this prison
Here
I'm held in
Pull the plug
Let me go
Better than this
Lingering on

Comatose
No hope in hell
When I died it would be hard to tell
The soft breathing
Almost gone
Interred within
This empty shell

She came to me at the end of day
I know this because I heard her say
That today had been the longest yet
See you tomorrow
My sweet-heart pet.
Frustration fills my every bone
I want to tell her she's not alone
I'll get back
To her and save her
From this drudgery
That poorly serves her

Screaming inside
Singing and waving
Invisible
Silent
They cannot see me
Better off dead
Then they could leave here
This clinical setting
That barely holds me


AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Folks.