WEIRD!

A statue
Carved from wood
Intricately detailed
There it stood
A figure
The fairy king
Or so I thought
And then the apparition came
Blood and bones
The statues clone
His back was turned

Over his shoulder
To me he beckoned
Come follow me
Spell-bound focused

Just like those kids from Hamlin
I followed him freely
Intrigued to learn
What message he had
For me he'd come

In a street
Wide and open
Conjured inside
His imagination
The devilish man
Smiled sweetly
"Don't expect..."
He said to me
"That luck is free to gather"
"Don't expect such fortitude"
"You must pay for luck, my fellow"
With that he motioned me to come closer
And in his fingers
 Dangled
A small rectangular
Sliver of silver
In its middle
A gem of stone
Sparkling, shining
Light cast, thrown
He placed this prize into my hand
Winking as he did I was aghast
"Quite soon..."
He said
"You're luck will turn"
With that he turned and scarpered fast
The weird thing here
Is that I am not
Prone to follow messages from dreaming
But this fine chap
Though devilish and sinister
Afforded me the respect he ministered
The idea that he had evil intent
Resided only briefly
His visit I feel
Was only well meant
A dream one night
Only remembered
The images were clear
Not mystically tempered
But I am not delusional
No
It entertained me
Lucid
Real
It would be nice
To find it true
That omens
Can be offered.


AGL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.