Solitude

When I was a bit younger than I am today
I spent some time hidden
Behind those things in life that I had not then learned
Scared of what the world believed about the man, I was
False in every way, the cry is lost

Now I know that my solitude is what was causing all of my pain
Learning to adapt, and be comfortable in my skin
Allowed the luxury of feeling closer to who I am right now
Able to enjoy the knowledge
That
I'm really not so bad


We can only know what we see
The perceptions of others


If I could see the world
Through the eyes of another
Judging all before me
Or being faithful to my self
Or someone other


Perhaps the times I chose to hide
Would prove to be worth less
Than the truth of human feeling
That shows me who I am
But only in my mind
Acquaintance
Can be very harsh


AGL

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Folks.