Is It?

Is it the right of every man
To consider himself free
Oppressions eased by justice
No need for locks or keys

Freedom is not always physical
Interred within a cell
Expression of strong ideologies
Or of notions strongly held

If I am religious
Or politicised by my life
Agnostic and secular
Underfoot, downtrodden
The victim hung by strife

Am I due true liberty
From those whom I count as foe
Should I expect to live in peace
Tyrants overthrown

Or must I simply take it
Accepting that this my all
Escape an impossibility
Until my cards are thrown

If I were imprisoned
Having committed heinous crimes
I'd get what I deserve to get
Judged by what I am

Is it acceptable?
In this our only world
That we are unable to help those
We witness in distress
Imprisoned with impunity
Punished by duress




AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.