Worth it

Overdosed on pleasure
Pain by my side
I sit here by the Irish sea
An age spent
Watching the tides
 
The breakers come
Amid the flotsam
A chill wind stings me
Sandblasted
But happy
 
Visibility
Hardly
My eyes barely see
Into the distance
Beyond my dreams
 
Imagination gives me comfort
As the winds blow strong
Tears flow freely
But not through sorrow
Blinking fast
I rub
My forehead,twisted, furrowed
 
It does not matter
That the sun doesn't shine
The clouds so low
The mists of time
 
A grey seal
Bobs her head
To catch some air
Barely noticed
Unless I strain
 
Does she watch me
Or am I vain
She does not feel
My winter strains
Her comfort
Would not sit well
To me a human
It would be hell
 
The muddy pathway
Through Physgill glen
Has brought me here
And home again
The memories lasting
Oh so long
Easily found
Within my brain
 
Closing my eyes
Where ever I am
I see those things
In life witnessed
Nothing mystical
Its just so real
Worth it now
And forever after
The Solway winds
That send a shiver
 
Peace and tranquility
With me ever
 
 
AGL
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.