Luck of the draw?

After the flood
Silt and mud
Low-lying households
Virtually ruined

Pity the sadness
Feel for their pain
Hoping for some drought time
Instead of all this rain

The river is rushing
Tearing towards the sea
Flotsam a soup
Trees torn free

The waters have settled
Subsiding like the tide
Build the defences
Or is it too late
The horses have bolted
Right over the gate

Is it global warming
Or the cycle that comes
Once in a while
The weather gets rough

No compensation
For the destruction in sight
Spiteful world climate
Or was it simply their turn

When I see such saturation
The rain sodden lands
I wonder about helping
Or if I even can
We are all dry here
Up on the hill
Drown in a puddle
I don't think I will


AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Folks.