Lovingly tended
Urged to grow
Life continues
On an even flow

A family full
Of warmth and caring
Hand me downs
Bicycle sharing

Festivals
Not religiously followed
Except the traditions
Considered as hallowed

As we grew up
The spots
And confusions
Hormonally challenged
Punk rock and metal

There are others you know
Who struggled in life
Watching drunk father
Beating his wife

Those who were twisted
By life's misadventure
Did not have what we had
In the deep dark of night

No food on the table
Empty bottles are strewn
Trousers all threadbare
Nits in their hair

We all seen them in passing
Us who were blessed

Dishevelled, downtrodden
Eyes on the ground

I hope now as a parent
That I am worthy
Of the trust that I have
I know I'm no angel
Those moments I have
But love is the adhesive
That will keep me with them

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.