It comes to us all.

Once the broken body has withered and died
All of the sadness
Tears from your eyes

The sorrow has mellowed
Contemplative
You sigh

Realising that the end would surely come
The loved ones departed
Bathed in the sun

Easing the pressures
Grief has to offer
Time is the healer
As said by some author

Relationships differ
Make no mistake
They don't stop being your kin
Once life has faultered

Remember them fondly
The smiles and the laughter
Outrageously funny
Good with the patter

Illness is cruel
It steals from our souls
Tired and despondent
The throws and the rolls

Look to the future,
I know that it's hard
It's easy to dwell
In the tough and the sad

What would they say if they were here now
Those who have gone
Beyond
Cumulus clouds

I love you my darlings
I'm watching you still
Never anyone's fault
In death
I'm not ill

The pain has subsided
Sleep came along
Now refreshed here in spirit
Watching you grow
I offer you shelter
From the deepest of pains

After the sun
It usually rains
The next day
It dries up
The warmth of the day.


AGL



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.