Summer 2013,

Whenever I am feeling blue
A day like this
As the sun shines through
Warming me
To the core
In this short life
I could not ask for more

This is my life
Warts and all
Sometimes up
The occasional fall
Stumbling through it every day
Working for an average? wage

The heat within is plain to see
 A healthy tan
Short bared knees
Insects nipping
As the grass is cut
Vigilant
I won't be caught

The life of man is dampened by
The northern winds
 They destroy our hopes
Winters dawn
Causing me pain
Chilled
And sad
Frustration plain.


Now my worries disapear
This month has proven
The hottest of the year
Up with the lark

Despite myself

I wander
In this natural haven
Buzzards
Peer
Pheasants brazen

I wish that every years summer
Could show me such bliss
The sweetest of aromas
Around every ditch
The warmth of the wind
Massages my soul

The star in her majesty
Appears as if golden
The times that we've had
The memories tokens
Stolen by chance
In moments unbroken

Summer is here
Seasons go faster
One day I'll go
But for now I am able
To enjoy all in life

In hats and fine tables

"A joke that I shared with my wife and my cousin,
Bizarrely remembered as the finest of fables"


AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.