Better now.

The light has been extinguished
Darkness fills me
Nothing can illuminate
Not candle or beaming torch

Fluorescent dreams
My only saviour
Strange to think that sleeping
Is the only sanctuary I have had

With eyelids tightly closed
I would expect only night terrors
 Hear them scream and call
The wonder of imagination
Has caused the veil to fall

What of tomorrow
Will the east present the sun?
The star above can warm us
Under her we burn

When I open my eyes
The brightness returns
Hand held high
Blinking
I run

Free from the ebony horror
That has held me here for so long
Free of thoughts that have ruled me
Turning all of my rights to wrongs

I sleep in peaceful slumber
A bed so clean and warm
Awakening
Early, Happier
Sweetly comes the dawn.


AGL






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.