Happy Birthday Karla ;0)


As parents we all can hope
That our children will succeed
Not with materials
Or paths of gold
Or perhaps to look after us when we are old

That is not what children are for
They are here
A gift from nature
Not from God
To live on the planet
Experiences gained
Life goes around

I see her smiling gleefully
Excitement beyond the pale
Chewing on a piece of toast as slever
Soaked her chest

I see her as she toddled
Finding the world
In a new school uniform
Cute and alert

I see her as she sings
A nightingale would be pleased
I see her as she listens
To Mr York and Co
The highs and the lows
Creeping and weird
Musically guided
Eclectic and intelligent

Beautiful too

We love her as much as we do the others
But as old as she gets
Our hearts fill with joy
Our eldest
Our daughter
Who knows not her worth
In time she will see
Why she came here to spend time with us 
Here on this earth

Happy birthday wee darlin
we wish you but happiness
The future is brighter
With you in the world

Although as your faither
I embarrass you still
A fat chubby Spiderman
Or dancing like a fool
Or singing out of tune
Know this

We love you
Most of all
We care what you do
Most of all Karla
We are glad you are you

Happy birthday Daughter
18 today
In my heart and my mind I smile
Because I know you

Love & peace X



AGL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.