Keep your eyes open,

The smile evaporates
As my eyes read the news
I can simply close the page
As the needles of despair pierce,
The pain that I feel
Injures my screaming soul

Imagine if you will
How it must have felt
Abused until death
Beaten broken bones

Feel if you can
What they feel in every minute
Of every day
Mummy doesn't love them
Pain endless pain
It's all he knows
All he's ever known

Starvation
Seeps from the pores
Of neglected
Skinny children
Who know nothing of warmth

Excuses come a flooding
From the gaping mouth of the accused ones
It was an accident
I cared for him
My son
My only one

Take them outside
Let them feel the wrath
Of one hundred tortured infants
Given space to play

Nails that will tear
Little teeth nipping sharply
Skinned to the core
While they are alive
Lies unwritten
Eternal vengeful torment
Quickly forgotten.

Feel for them
Think of them
As the cold winds blow
Tying little shoes
Or fixing pretty bows

Hold them in every beat
You have left, alive here on this earth
Comfort them in silence
Broken bodies mourned.

AGL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.