Is it my fault?

If I watch and do nothing
Am I culpable
If I listen but do not hear
Am I as much too blame
If I smell the fire
Do not put out the flames
Will the earth be scorched
Could I be blamed

If I walk past someone in need
When I ignore the heartfelt pleas
Discard as though unimportant
The injured or the dying
Should I feel shame
Am I to blame

When thousands die each year
Drown
In mediterranean seas
Gurgling as they are released
From a life that has tortured them
Unsaved
Deprived of sanctuary
Is it my fault
That their lungs fill with  sea salt fluid

Am I too blame?
Should I feel ashamed?

I try to elect those that should feel compelled
To avoid the coffin swell
Look after those in need
The poor, impoverished
There to feed
Or to send the necessary seeds

A life jacket
Offered
A child supported
A tax pound sent
Retrieves a life
Almost spent

Is it my fault?

No!

I did not consent

Powerless!

I will always resent
My feeble soul.

AGL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.