Will we?

Hello my auld mucker
How have you been
Do you still visit your local
Mess around on the microphone
Karaoke fun
Bounce around like a maniac
Still drink like a fish
Or have you taken up running
Or is it time to relax

Are you still as rambunctious considerate and funny
Or are you now boring
Wider than before
Dancing on the telly
A quiz show with Bradley

You seem to be the person I would have hoped
You would have become
I could be wrong buddie
Its been so bastard long

Its been a while matey
How's the wife and weans
Does your misses care about you
As does mine
Are the kids a reflection
Of the man you have become
Hold them close buddie
Love them the most

I remember our outings
Holidays in the Sun
Or up in our country
Where the clear burns run
Where we quenched our thirst quite freely
Under the August Sun
Carrying packs on our backs
Fuck, they weighed a ton


We miss those friends we have not seen
Ideally we'd be able to see them more
But we drift away on our own breeze moving us along
Necessity of flittings
Jobs and relationships
Hiding from life or basking in glory
Steadily plodding
Or idle and worried

In the social-media world there is nowhere to hide
A tool for finding people
A way to build the road
revisit some memories share make comments
go over old times

Many faces
Many places
Each unique and some incomplete
Their reason for being missing
Is for their ears
Struggles, troubles ill at ease
No chance to visit
They won't ever be seen

While the others remain forever close
In your heart always because
Too much has happened in great companies
Where wine flowed freely
And beer by the gallon
Music enjoyed
Mental endeavours

I care for them all make no mistake
I hope I meet those folks again
Before they 'might' come to my wake
In the coldness of days
Friends are a bright light.
always around us
At least in our heads
I love all of my comrades
My buddies my pals
Those who insult me
I love even more
With them you know fella
you know where you stand

Hope we meet soon?
You illiterate buffoon!
Or maybe you're thinking
Never would be too soon.




AGL


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.