Life doesn't always...

A cold dripping mist enveloped me in its cloak
It lifted me on to a cloud
Strewn with bolts of lightning
Invisible bumps caused me to stumble
Reminding  me while crouching forwards 
That it is alright to be humble
You can always get back up

It came to me slowly
Through help and assistance
That in the past
This life I love was littered with persistence
Ever the fidget 
Always moving
When I sat down
My body kept rigid
Relaxation beyond me
Such, busy 'ness' as liquid
Flowing all the time
Never meeting any obstacle
No still pools with membranes 
Insects dart across

If you've been touched by illness
Or longing
Ever been down further
Than anyone can fathom
Watched an edge and thought about jumping
Stared at the sea for too long some evenings
I hope my friend you simply keep breathing
And die full of wrinkles, a turtle in pringle
Not tragically reported in a five line obituary
Lost to the world a spot on your legacy
Causing too much pain and heartache
To those who lived with you and knew you
They'd noticed a change for sure?
They thought you were surly and low 
I hope you save them a blow 
For your sake soothe your soul


Once in a while the top comes off
Upside down the stuff comes out
Later you try to put it all back
Into a box or another container
Something so handy you can get rid of it later
Medicinal intervention
Supports your own intention
If you want to find your way
To relax with each exhalation 
To not be afraid of internal persuasion
That might lead you to the wrong destination
Get back to yourself the one you know well
Not the stranger who stares from the mirror



AGL






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.