Is all hope lost?

They tear at me
Ripping and shredding
Bloodlines appear
The ragged nail pattern
Blood lines come to me
To tear at the remnants of my fastbeating heart

I am not perfection
Nor conceited in my thinking
That I ever have been
I've made mistakes
Said wrong things
In stupid places
Tried to help
But was mainly just a conveyance

Love can't be forced
But hate can leave all hope lost
Emotional turmoil
Tears  fall
Tears fall

It does not matter how loudly I call
They cannot hear me
Have no reasons to find the truth
Of  this mans life
Hanging by a slender efficient knife
Opened veins drain me out
Silently sleeping
Silently sleeping

The fear is mine alone
If I blink I might be gone
I search and search but there is no trace
Of what I've thought on things before
I once was happy
Singing always
I once had laughter
Tears now blind me
I once felt that it was possible
Now that feeling has surely gone


Perceptions gained of lifes experience
May allow different pondering
But time slips past and I am hidden
Within myself
The dark souless corridors
Hold me fast
No escape
No escape
It's far too late


Will they hear me
Will they hear me
Can they feel my pain
Hiding  my tears
Hasn't worked up until now

Should I wait for seasons to turn around
Years to pass
Grey hairs calling
I can't shout that loud

Too caught up in their own lives
I am here
Shine a light that I might see
Wave to me
From the diminishing  gloom

If hope is gone
I am lost
I am lost.

AGL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.