The trouble with dreams

I had a dream one night that I had taken a fall
Spinning as I plummeted
Out of control
I fell from a mountain
From way up so high
From then on my friends
I was sure I would die.

As I fell
 The mists parted
The green land below
Rushing towards me
Barreling, rolling
Brief glimpses of earth
Not soft and inviting
 But harshly defining
Quite fatal and instant
I raged and I cursed

I closed my eyes

Emotions ran wild

Laughing inevitably
Crying with fear
Knowing my adrenaline
Could not help me get clear
Running is futile when you cant reach the ground
Fighting the air would have been stupid
It's not even there



Now I'm not an eagle
No wings to catch drafts
No grace in my flight
As I rocketed down
All hope was floundering

What of a haystack
Or a large mountain loch
A soft woodland canopy
A pool owned by a family
A mattress so soft?


The seconds seemed longer
Like minutes my friend
Slow-mo
In trauma
Is common I hear

The height of the mountain was Scottish
Not alpine
I thought that by now
I should have bit the harsh dust
I wanted to awaken so much was the terror
Had I fell
Was I pushed
Had I jumped to end all?




In dreams i believe there is
No sense in logic
We are shown all before us
Unable to take the lead
Our psyche will conjure
The stories you read
Pictorial representatives
Of when you're awake
Or visions of fact obscured and
Ransacked
By years or by hours
Of memories slack
When dreams become reality
Thoughts might become facts

Now


The imminence of endings

No waking in sweat



No stumbling out of the bed
Disorientated
Frenzied
Upset by the alarm call inside of my head


I breathed in my last

Quaking

Distressing

Momentary

Short

All hope of waking

Lost.




AGL

Comments

  1. Hi again A.G.

    I'm sorry I got your name wrong in my previous message.

    Thanks again for your passionate poems.

    And please send me a response at ralphdranow@yahoo.com. I look forward to our possibly reviewing each other's books.

    Ralph Dranow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.