Keep it steady.

Building on foundations
With bricks made of stress
Results in them crumbling
When the tower gets higher

They cant stand the weight
It presses them down
Each one a brother
Baked in the same kiln

Placed on a different day
Events can vary
Some are scary
Other you might lay yourself
Being too serious
Or maybe appear petty

Morally up a gear
Offended by the slightest
Humour led image
Or joke that offends you
Perhaps it went past you
You hold much sterner views
When it comes to right and wrong

You have your reasons
Why should we judge you?

But nevertheless
If I might suggest
Take a chill
It helps support you
Worry about important things
The rest is only
Sandless mortar
The tower may fall
Destroying you

As you grow taller
Then perhaps shorter
As you stoop into your old age
Turn a different page
Laugh a little
Have some fun
Yeah be a true one
That's a bonus
Kindness and all that
Jingle jangle

Don't attack the structures
That keep you from toppling
The maintenance crew
Is already working
And has been
For way to long.

AGL



Comments

  1. Hi A.J., I've been enjoying your poems on your poetry blog. I like your positive attitude about life. I wonder if you would be interested in our reviewing each other's books. I recently published a poetry book, At Work on the Garments of Refuge, honoring my late friend Daniel Marlin. The book consists of his powerful poetry and artwork and my own poems. The poems express a sense of compassion for all living beings, especially the vulnerable and marginalized. I would like to get my friend's poems wider circulation because of their powerful message of love and compassion. My email is ralphdranow@yahoo.com. My website is www.ralphdranow.net. Thanks for considering my suggestion.

    Best wishes,

    Ralph Dranow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.