I've seen things too.

 For all of the places I've never seen 

Scenic wonders or a well constructed Edifice adorned by the intricacies 

Of the masons chisel 

A white sandy beach on the aqua Caribbean 

Stretching to a distant headland 

Whos vista is disturbed by a Barbadian summers haze 

A European forest where I might walk for one week among trees in their 

Natural habitat 

I've never sat at the stern of a liner 

midway between here and there 

No land glimpses above the endless curving 

Horizons 

In every direction 

I've never seen these things first hand 

With both of my bespectacled eyes 

Only in two dimensions 

From another's point of view 

Maybe one day 

But then again 

I see what is in front of me 

Beautiful 

And 

Ugly 

Kindly, respectfully 

Despairingly and compassionately 

Just like you. 


AGL



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.