SOLITUDE and THE FARMED

March 2011, solitude and the farmed was released and has been selling, although too what extent I do not yet know.
The local newspaper in the Paisley area; The Paisley Daily Express, has been kind enough to run a substantial story about the book and its author 'Me'.

It was an incredibly pleasurable and unusual experience, knowing in some way,that although it does not have a huge circulation, the P D E, has a fairly large readership.

I do not tell this because I have any wish to appear as though I live in a puddle, I realise that as far as publicity goes, some may regard the 'Express' as a quite small journal, however when you have grown up in a town the size of Paisley and you have also written about that particular area it is really quite a pleasing experience.

The nature of large scale publicity would of course be more pleasing, but as some old 'dude' said, "Do not look a gift horse in the mouth" Never really knew what that meant, and if I am honest, it still makes little sense. I would much prefer to think about another old chestnut, "Whats for you will not go by you" what this means is that we can never tell in what direction our lives will go or where the choices and paths will lead us, but ultimately if its gonna happen its gonna happen and if it doesn't happen well, that's just the way its meant to be.

You can help fate, but its not an easy thing to do.

So SOLITUDE and THE FARMED has been released and some folks have bought it, some will like the stories and some will not, but my pride leaps out at me, and my belief in my stories grows, they might not appeal to everyone, that's just how it is. My confidence is soaring and my modesty is in check, my next story 'Edan Corc' will be better for the journey I have taken so far.

As Spike would say

Love & Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.