Shadow

A shadow
Crosses the roadway before me
Out of the tangle of shrubs so scary
Silently it passes across
Fleetingly
Across the path

Manlike
Speeding fast
The narrow lane
Crossed in a flash
Mysterious, Threatening
Racing
Gone

Nervously
I peer and quiver
Up my spine
An icy shiver
Shuddering
I look too eager
Into the woods
I wish I'd never

IN your memory lurks a spectral invasion
A trick of the mind?
Or factual persuasion?
The wonder of the natural world
The menace of her twisted sister

 Odd

Impressions made that will last for ever
Did I see what has went quickly
Or did my psyche conjure up
A vision sent to try me

Shocked

I take flight 
Into the darkness of a moon less night
No street light furniture
Enhances the gloom
The tarmacadam slides from view
In the woodlands
Cries are shrill
Pheasants shriek like banshees from hell

Imagined
Or real
It does not matter
Inside of my head
Residing, ever
As it will always be

Hidden

He creeps
With stealth
Watching me
 My every step

When I sleep

He stands above me
Eyes squeezed tight
Lest he should take me
The cold embrace

Grabs and shakes me

He comes to seek
My being to keep
The taste of blood
Behind my lips
A white face in the linen peeks
I open one lid quite slowly
Just in case
I see what fear prepares me to envisage
The 'one' who takes us
Exists forever

Invisible from where I lie
He might be able
To see the white of my single
Twitching
Opened eye

If he appears my heart will race
He does me no favours
But steals me away
The shadow from another place
Harvester of this human race

He chops us when we least expect it
Sometimes noticed
When he tries to snare us

For more years of life
I plead for all
From this being brought to us
In the deepend of our life
Or untimely ceasing
While paddling in the ebbing waves
The withering sadness
In a prison of grief

He comes to us
As surely as birth
The seconds spent
Right here on earth
Extinguished buy his deathly breath
Touched we falter
Dying
Death
Don't look to closely
Into the night
When your perched
On the edge of dreadful fright

When nightmares come around to haunt you
Or darkness all around confronts you
When demons lurk within your mind
Screams are muffled
No ear can find
If silence is your greatest ally
Hush for now
No whispers escape
Lie quite still
He may go by you

In the woods a twig goes snap
The shadow passes
You may breath your last
The reaper stands and beckons you to him
Then off you'll go
Aggrieved and weary

In the ground
The earth it strangles
Roots entangled
Reach to grab you
If it has come to this
Future kills you

The past has gone
Today stands still
You forget in passing
The mortals rule
Come one day
And die another
The course of life
Runs with the swallow
Summers over
You must move on
In hallowed grounds
Never furrowed
No reaping harvest
For a reward


In the moments just before
Mnemonic flashes
Take you to where
You've been when walking
Seeing, feeling

Then in panic
The end comes knocking
He comes for you
In silent stalking.





AGL



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.