The nature of friendship.

Throughout my life
I've had many
Called friends
Some of them women
Most have been men

Falling into line
Circumstance driven
The faces I observed
Socially given

Mindful
Considered
Confused by the logic
Thinking too much
Borderline neurotic

Reflective
Nostalgic
Memories of the tragic
Decisions I've made
Intrinsically flawed

What of the good times
When everything flowed
Smiling so warmly
Laughing along

Stepping outside
Of my own mind
Third party viewpoints
Have messed with my head

I climbed to the top
Where I perched on the ridge
The roads snaking off below me
Which byway to risk?

Directions once taken
Chosen on a whim
Did more harm to myself
Than to anyone else

Mistakenly naive
About the bonds I once formed
Some friends I have cherished

Bonds that were strong

Comradeship
Banter
Love
One and all
Ready to catch them
When tripping, they fall

Loyalty
Reason
Respect for another
Freely observed

Brother to brother

And then there's the others


AGL






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.