Mother's day

Mother's day shopping caused me to wobble
In the shop
I walked out
As I trembled
No more buying two cards
Our mum has gone
Seeing her family
Beyond the clouds

I was surprised
But maybe I shouldn't be
It was only December
When angels came calling
Her failing health
Made her unable
To keep going in this life
In pain but kept stable
She died free of pain
The drugs they enabled
Comfort in life
As last breaths escaped her

Sleep well our wee mammy
I hope you are around us
Give our regards
To those who went before
My head fills with fleeting
Moments of sorrow
You loved us unquestioned
Put food on your table

Sleep well now the mother
Awake on a new day
You won't remember us
Now in a different place
Alive again
Sing with the angels.

AGL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fight for your life.

Be all.