It's not how.

 It's not how you heard it

You have made a mistake

You have spread all of those rumours

Now he's no longer you're friend


It's not not how you seen it

When you described it to me

I saw it for myself

It was better than you said


It's not where you left it

Although you were sure that you had 

The whole time it was in your pocket 

The ageing forgetful boomer dad


It's not what you thought

When you saw me in town

She had dropped some of her shopping

I was simply bending down


It's not the same as it used to be

It was once much bigger

The wrappers the same

The chocolates way thinner



It's not obvious to some

That around us the world is crumbling?

It's not without choice

That we watch the stumbling politicos 

It's not getting any easier to give them everything

It's not for the want of trying

It's not easy to keep on buying and paying 

It's not parliamentary lights flickering


It's not hard to make the right choices

It's not easy to admit that you're greedy

It's not the way the earth should be existing

It's not the peace I want to see while those that I love

Have hearts in their chest rhythmically beating 

Breathing in the tainted air, quenching small thirsts with  the tarnished waters

It's not fucking right.


AGL





Comments

Popular Posts